| Glen with his baby boy and girl |
| My crew- the lights of my life. |
| I love this picture, with both so happy! |
| We sure love this happy girl. |
Today Glen blessed Ruth at church. It was a really lovely day, both the meeting and the weather. Grandma and Grandpa Richins bought Ruth's dress for her and Lucy picked it out with me. That may sound funny but Grandma Richins was more than happy and really generous to offer to pay for the dress but did not want to have to shop for it. We were on time to church, but Ruth didn't get fed before hand so she was hungry during all of sacrament meeting but really really good. Glen gave her a very nice blessing and kept her name the same and didn't add anymore or anything! (My mom was Daphanie until her blessing. My grandpa gave her the name Lisa then.) A few things from her blessing I remember are that she is very loved, that she should look to the good examples in her life and follow them , and that she will learn to love the gospel and seek after it. In the circle was Grandpa Richins, Grandpa Egbert, Uncle Fred, my brothers, Joe and Jed and our bishopric Bishop Hansen, Brother Peterson and Brother Bowers.
Glen and I both bore our testimonies. We have never done that at any of the other kids blessings at least not both of us. My mom also bore hers. It was really a nice meeting.
After sacrament we came home with all of our visiting family and had lunch. Since it is cinco de Mayo, we had a taco bar, seven layer dip, chips, some salads and cookies, brownies and eclair cake.
I haven't been good at getting pictures before or after blessings, except for with Lilly so I made a point of it today. I wanted Ruth with her different grandparents and my kids together and Glen and her. I only wish I would have got Uncle Fred and Aunt Patty together with her. I was so happy they came and shared this day with us. I really liked having someone as well as Grandpa Richins in the circle to represent Glen's side of the family.
For my memory, the family that was able to come was Jed and his kids, Jill came for lunch after she taught her lesson in her ward, Joe and Julie and kids, Evelyn and Roberta, Grandma and Grandpa Richins, Grandma and Grandpa Egbert, Aunt Patty and Uncle Fred, and Janae and her kids. Janae had to make arrangements for the boys to come because it was their time to be with their dad. I am thankful that this worked out it was nice to have them all. All of my kids cousins were here today. What fun!
Comments