This month has gotten away from me. I have had good intentions to write/type things that we are doing but...
I typed that before May was over and now June is almost half over. How time flies. I have not been trying to avoid blogging because usually in my head I am thinking of how I can make what we are doing a fun post or what I will write about it when I post about it, at the same time I have been avoiding the computer/ time sucker. Anyways here are some things we did in May-
I typed that before May was over and now June is almost half over. How time flies. I have not been trying to avoid blogging because usually in my head I am thinking of how I can make what we are doing a fun post or what I will write about it when I post about it, at the same time I have been avoiding the computer/ time sucker. Anyways here are some things we did in May-
- swimming lessons for Lilly, Lucy and Daryl. They were good but made evenings a little crazy.
- dodge ball. April and May are dodge ball seasons for our Stake sports. Every Thursday is controlled craziness for a few hours. We have Primary dodge ball and the youth/adult dodge ball. All the kids love it and we have to be really firm and mean with the primary age ones once their time is up because they don't want to leave. The big kids really don't like playing the whole time with the little kids though. One week I think someone counted 40+ kids. It's crazy.
- On an extended family level, my oldest brother spent 17 days in Kyrgyzstan for work and I got pearls from it!(I paid for them but still fun.) We helped my other brother and his family moved in to their new house! Yeah for them not living in his in-laws basement any more! My sister-in-law has a court date! Hopefully some consequences from choices will be enforced, or at least we can hope.
- Lilly turned 9. We celebrated by taking her and Lucy with us to see Les Miserables -or a lot less miserable! a parody play at Desert Star Theater. It was a really fun night and a really funny show. The girls might have liked it better if they had seen the real play but it's a little to mature for them still.
- Ruth turned 2 months old. She was 12 lbs 6 oz and 231/2 inches at her check up. Her doctor said she was adorable and ask if she could have her because her daughter wants a sibling. I got to tell her she couldn't have her but she would really like too because she is just that good of a baby. She eats well, sleeps really well, especially at night, is happy, even tempered, really quiet, smiles a lot and has started to laugh. The only fault she has is she seems to spit up a bunch or at least more than I remember the other kids. It could be I am just older and am more annoyed with it now but either way, it doesn't bother her much. I have tried to eliminate chocolate and dairy products from my diet to help. It seems to be but it is a big adjustment and almond milk is just not the same as cows milk.
- Glen was the first one to get Ruth to really laugh. He said we needed to throw him a party or we would if we were Navajo. They throw a party for the person who gets a baby to laugh it's first laugh. He must have been really funny. It was weeks later before we could get her to do it again. She also started rolling from her belly to her back when she wants too.
- I made cinnamon rolls for a co worker of Glen's. She was retiring and hired me to make them as a treat for one of their colaberation mornings. Most of the communication was done with Glen as the middle man plus and email, may be two. I got it in my head she wanted 100 rolls. My mom helped me and we made 4 batches of dough. 177 rolls later I got home and told Glen there were nine boxes for him to take to work, with 108 total rolls. He was a little shocked and said she only ordered 80....I felt so dumb. I knew I had over shot at 100 but adding twenty more to that made it even worse. We gave away a lot of rolls over the next couple of days and ate a lot too. There is a reason I don't make those often.
| The last cinnamon roll. |
- We do a date night swap babysitting trade with two other couples in our ward. It was our turn to watch the kids while the other couples went out. Of course we always have some kind of communication mishap on these weekends so Glen had to work. Which meant he had to sleep before he went to work. So I sent him off to his parents to sleep and I watched between 11 and 13 kids from 5-9 pm including feeding them dinner, with minimal crying, screaming, yelling, and hurt feelings from everyone involved. I write this only to remember that I made it out alive! Really it was a crazy but good experience that I actually enjoyed. The kids in this group are 9 and younger, with a 9:3 girl to boy ratio, and the most drama that night came from my own two year old.
- Glen and I got to go to the wedding of one of Glen's friends and former co workers. It was really nice. I used it as an excuse to get a new dress because I couldn't remember the last time I got one was.

Comments
So much to do - no wonder you're not blogging! Your baby is so adorable - they all are. Love the picture of Ruth's smile.