Skip to main content

It came ... and other happenings

The end of school finally came for the girls. The last day was June 13 for them. Glen got done teaching a week before them. He had a couple days to rest but is now in the thick of an internship and three other classes, so his summer is pretty much over.
The girls were really lucky to both have really great teachers and classes this year. Both passed their grades with flying colors! Lilly is to the point that they can no longer track her progress on reading because she is at the end of the alphabet She has been there all year. Lucy is on a fourth grade reading level now. It is great they both read so well but the challenge is finding appropriate books for their age that still challenge them. Oh well, there are worse problems.

I helped out with field day so here are a few pictures from that. I didn't help out much at the school this year. It just more than I could do. Maybe next year will be different.

If I can figure out how to speed it up I will put the video of Lilly doing tumbling in the A track talent show for 4th 5th and 6th grade on here. 
One of the things I love about Lilly is she isn't afraid to put herself out there. She wanted to be in the talent show and was willing to put herself out there and do it. She doesn't really care what others think about her. She is a fun loving happy girl.

Daryl and Ruth are doing well. Daryl is potty trained but sometimes I have to remind him and his friend that we pee in the toilet and not outside and that we need to keep our clothes on. Oh to be a boy and have to world as your urinal.( I may have to edit this picture once I see it on a bigger screen than my phone. Sorry)
Ruth is saying more words all of the time. Her favorites are Daryl,Mom and Dada. She also loves to neigh like a horse, bark a little bit and find the cat. She loves to be around any of those animals too, but sometimes is more comfortable with a fence between her and them since she is little. 

Comments

Hugs, Mom said…
Ruth is so grown up! Love her pink hair!!
Paige said…
Ruth is so pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....