With the traditions we already have for conference weekend added to Easter celebrations, this proved a busy but great day.
The Easter bunny did visit our house with Easter baskets for the kids that were hidden throughout the house with no clues left behind but a note to say he had been here. (I thought I had a picture but can't find it.) They all got new church clothes and shoes and candy. If the bunny would have know how much candy they would be getting later from the Egbert Easter egg hunt, it would have eased up a bit.
A few years ago when we didn't have a tv in the house we started watching conference at our parents houses on Sunday. Having waffles and eggs for breakfast while watching Sunday morning conference session at Grandma and Grandpa Richins is a staple now along with dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Egberts.
Everyone being all together doesn't always prove to be the quietest or calmest thing but we like it. I still impose the same rules on my kids while we are there though. No other electronics and they have to stay in the room and try to listen but they can be doing things while they are listening like coloring, eating, building with blocks or logs and playing with toys. There is whining but I feel strongly about it so I stick to my guns.
Sometimes I get different candies and put them in bowls with a word that should be mentioned in conference. When the word is said they get to get a piece of that candy. I didn't do that this time though with all the Easter candy.
We were running late that morning... okay most Sunday mornings we are. We ended up hearing the temple announcements in the car, but it was probably good because I guess it wasn't too quiet at Grandma and Grandpa Richins during that time, so we got to tell them about the temple announced in the Ivory Coast. They were very excited.


We were all listening and being pretty quiet but when Elder Holland started to speak everyone listened and was very quiet during his whole talk. It was pretty neat and such a good talk.
 |
| I should add accesoris because Ruth had fun with that too. |
After the session we needed fresh air and certain littles of mine needed a ride in Chitty Chitty, so off we went.
We ended up over at my parents and Glen gave our nephews that were there rides in the car.
We watched the last session of conference at my parents while getting ready for dinner and the Easter egg hunt. Grandma Egbert was very generous with the eggs and treats. They were everywhere and everyone got plenty. It was lots of fun!
Glen and I commented to each other how old some of the Apostles seemed this conference. We even looked up ages. They range in age from 92-62, with the majority being in their 80's, I believe. There were a few talks that I was really happy to know would be out in print because I had a really hard time understanding them.
As always though Conference comes at just the right time. It is like a breath of fresh air and wind in my sails to help encourage and keep me going to the place I want to be.
 |
| A not very good picture of the hunt in progress. |
 |
| Mason counting his haul. |
 |
| The bigger grandkids that were there. Mason, Lilly, Daryl, Clara, Lincoln, Teagan, Lucy(hiding) and Mark. Talyn was at the last conference session with her parents. |
 |
| The littlest of the grand kids needed adult attention at the time so this is the best we did. Julie talking to my mom who is holding Logan and Joe holding Anna. Ruth was probably in my arms while I took this. |
 |
| We celebrated Mason's birthday that day. He wanted an ostrich cake and Glen made that happen. His free handing cartooning skills always impress me. |
 |
| The sand pile is one of the favorite places to be at Grandma and Grandpa Egberts. It helps that Grandpa has acquired some heavy equipment toys that the grandkids get to play with too. |
Comments