Skip to main content

Here and now

Kirsta is right. Heather, and I will add Paige and Aunt Patty, do the blog thing so often they make it seem so easy. When life gets going I let it slip to the side. I know I shouldn't because it is my main way of documenting our good life but that is how I roll.

I am trying to think what we have been doing that is important or good....

Glen- is good. He usually has a good attitude about all the things going on.He likes his job and co- workers. He's very helpful and handy. He just keeps moving forward. The last month and a half at work have been a little harder than normal. One of the best/favorite math teachers passed away after a not very long illness. It's been humbling and inspiring and heart wrenching to watch. I'll probably do a post just on him.

Lillian-is silly and fun and just registered for 9th grade. WOW.She decided to take Chinese one more year for the teacher but will probably take a different language in high school. She is busy with trying to stay on top of school work and be in another play. She wants to take voice lessons and try boxing or something to help her get in really good shape. She is has aspirations of being on the Musical Dance Theater team when she is actually at the high school in 10th grade. She also decided to stick with Irish dance because some kind of dance is better than no dance.
Lilly Darth Llama working on homework 

Lucy- is enjoying 5th grade with a good teacher and good friends. She is our little entrepreneur and is starting to sell pop and candy to kids after school on their way home. She also holds on to her money the best. I was impressed with her though. When Glen came home and told us about the teacher at his school and that they had a gofundme account for him, she was quick to say," I'll donate money."
The best picture I had of Lucy recently. It's an accurate depiction of her, a good helper.
She is a great helper with the younger kids and tries her best to be patient with Daryl in the mornings getting out the door to school. She is also waiting for volleyball season to start again.

Daryl- is improving his speech and becoming a better reader. Getting him to do reading homework is still a bit of a battle. He is still enjoying Irish dance. He is excited to get his own room soon and happy we got a bunk bed for the little girls that he can sleep on with a full twin size bed. He was on a smaller bed far too long. He always has great plans and ideas and questions.
Daryl decided to wear all of the safety glasses for Nerf wars at once. He takes his safety serious.

Ruth- is finally feeling better after getting a some what mild but long lasting case of influenza. It's been rough. Once I took her to the doctor and they said that was what she had I felt like a dumb mom. The symptoms she had were not what I thought were the flu. It is nice to have her feeling better.
She is doing great at her online preschool and loves the one at the high school too. She can't wait to be a first grader or at least at school with Daryl. She thinks life is rough with siblings sometimes and wonders why she had to come to a family that doesn't cater to all of her needs and do what she wants all the time. I'm trying to work on fixing that mentality. Oh she also wants a puppy of her own.

Ruth holding one of my aunt's dog's puppies. She wanted one before we saw them but this made it worse.
Lilly and Ruth playing Lion King at a new park we went to last Sunday
Bethany- is fun and crazy. She is talking up a storm and definitely lets us know how things should be and what she wants. She knows what she wants to wear and do. She loves baths and being mostly if not completely naked. Her and Ruth are the cleanest kids I have had. They end up in the bath or shower sometimes multiple times a day.
This is how Beth went to church today. The bandaid phase is fun.

Kayci- is all over the place, never sure it's the right one. I am trying to figure some things out for the future and not sure which route or combination of routes is the right one. I haven't been at Evelyn and Roberta's as much because of Ruth and some of the other kids taking turns being sick and quilting. I got two of the three for pay quilts done! It was fun to see I could make money at that. I did decide to go to Florida with Glen at the end of the month when he goes to supervise the drill team form the school to nationals. That will be an adventure.

I also have a dilemma. After jumping through the hoops of the online ticketing system I was able to get a couple of tickets to see Hamilton when it comes to Utah on tour in April. It felt like they were the last tickets available. Definitely more expensive than the ones I was hoping to get but great seats. I was also hoping to get four seats so the big girls could come with us but two was all that were available.  After telling Glen I had got them, he talked to the theater teacher, who told him those were great seats and we could resell them for a significant profit if we wanted, but he is a theater guy and seen lots of shows and it is THE best show he has ever seen.
 Glen wants to sell the tickets I got, use the profit to get four tickets to a show somewhere else and go on a trip there and pay off some debt, while I am not so sure. It seems like it should be an easy decision but I am not so sure what to do. I didn't buy the tickets to be a scalper... any thoughts?

Comments

Paige said…
I'm all for scalping the tickets. Free market lessons are good. Derryl's extra safe eyes are hilarious, and Darth Llama doing homework, too.
PN said…
Thanks for the invite! I love to learn about each of your terrific family. I'll be interested to see what you actually do with the tickets.
HW said…
I feel for your dilemma! I am sure you know the show is at least PG13 for language and content, but still very worth it. My little ones listen to the soundtrack all the time, but I'm pretty sure the bad stuff floats over their heads. It probably wouldn't for a 5th grader. I don't know if that is helpful at all! Probably not. Good luck! Either way you decide, seeing it will be great.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....