Skip to main content

Things of note this week

This week has seemed like a hard week. It is good to have it in the past, though I don't know of anything but my attitude that made it more difficult than other weeks.  So I am trying to remember what was good and what we made it through.

Things that come to mind are-

Lucy coming home and complaining that she HAD to participate in the class spelling bee.  A day or two later she came home even more disgusted because she had won that spelling bee. She was happy that her teacher let the runner up take the championship and move on to the school level.

Derek, my brother-in-law, came and installed the faucet in the back bathroom and replaced the broken stopper in the hall bathroom. This means the bathroom is done and fully functional! WAHOO!

We got carpet installed in the upstairs bedrooms and the big girls moved out of their old one. There stuff sorted and in to the new room or to the garbage or donation centers. Lucy has a bed frame ordered and we are getting Lilly's tomorrow.

I decided to let Glen sell the Hamilton tickets. If he doesn't get what he wants for them then I guess we'll just have to go to the show ourselves. That was a hard choice to make though.

I got the last quilt for hire I have on the quilting machine. It has had a lot of things to fix on it and is going to be mostly custom work and not just on the computer. I am scared but excited to work on it. I have borrowed about ten books from the library to learn more and get ideas from.

There was a tragic car/school bus accident on Valentine's day. The young man that died was a former student of Glen's, a senior in high school and all around good kid. It seems like heaven is getting a lot of really great people lately.

What I heard of sacrament meeting was really good. A young woman who I had no idea was going on a mission had her mission farewell(She is going to Phoenix, Arizona!). She gave a touching account of an ancestor's conversion to the church and then her own. When her life was at it's worst and she was suffering so much with mental and emotional pain and not believing in much of anything, She remembered God. Asked for help and her pain was taken from her.

Family dinner got cancelled because my mom went to help her friend who is in the hospital. We got to spend time with our friends, the Trionfos. It was lots of fun. We made carmel dipped apples with them and visited a bunch which we haven't done for awhile. They are looking for a new church and I only mention that because I hope it doesn't change things too much. It doesn't change the fact that they are our friends and we love them no matter their religion.


Comments

HW said…
You do such very good things. Thank you for sharing them now and then! I love feeling a small, small part of your life.
Paige said…
Wow. It's funny that Lucy didn't want to win the spelling bee. What a sweet and sometimes difficult mixture of things filled up your week.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....