So much has happened since I last posted. I am going to try and catch up...we'll see how that goes.
The end of February first part of March was fun and craziness. On the 27th of February, I was in charge of Blue and Gold for cub scouts. Thank heavens they served hot dogs last year so anything would have been an upgrade from that. The food was make your own hoagie sandwich with chips, veggie dip, fruit and cupcakes for dessert. It was a great success!
The next night Glen and I flew to Florida for him to supervise the high school drill team's nationals trip.
Getting ready that day there were a few unexpected events.
Good thing Gunner was happy to make sure the ladies didn't go anywhere.
I came home on the 5th and Glen got home late on the 6th. The kids were super happy to have Dad back especially the little people.
The end of February first part of March was fun and craziness. On the 27th of February, I was in charge of Blue and Gold for cub scouts. Thank heavens they served hot dogs last year so anything would have been an upgrade from that. The food was make your own hoagie sandwich with chips, veggie dip, fruit and cupcakes for dessert. It was a great success!
The next night Glen and I flew to Florida for him to supervise the high school drill team's nationals trip.
Getting ready that day there were a few unexpected events.

Like the little girls deciding to make a storage tote in to a bath tub in the basement on the carpet and the goats getting out. Not one of my best parenting moments and not what I wanted to have to deal with while getting ready for a trip. I don't even know what I was doing that was so important that I didn't notice the tub thing.
![]() |
| In front of the tree of life in the Animal Kingdom |
Florida was a nice change of pace. The girls were all so well behaved that we basically didn't see them for the first two days of the trip. We were all exploring Disney World how we wanted too. It was also beautiful weather while we were there. Sunny but not too hot during the day and then cool enough to need a jacket in the evenings. Very different from the snow we left at home.
This was the group of girls. The school bought them dinner on Saturday in between performances. It was like 15 pizzas and they wanted their picture with the empty boxes. They didn't eat them all but took out 13 and then divided the rest up for later.
Truth be told Glen and I are not really big Disney fans and we didn't take the kids so pictures of character topiaries were as close as we got to meeting characters. We were amazed at how much detail goes in to everything they do at those parks and resorts. Also we think Disney might be tying to take over the world. We starting looking in to the company and didn't realize how many things they own or have shares in. If Goggle and them ever merged we would be in trouble.
The team did alright in the competition but didn't really win any awards. The somewhat funny part is that they competed against teams mostly from Utah that they had already competed against in State; All of them were willing to pay the fees to compete in The Contest of Champions National competition.
We had a good time on the Disney property but don't feel like we got to experience real Florida. I should have gone and visited our cousins, the Portz family and the Garvin family, that live just and hour or so away from Orlando on Monday before I left but I was having a shame attack so that didn't happen. Glen was there another day and got to go to Universal Florida. He liked that a lot better than Disney, mostly because they had much better roller coasters.
I came home on the 5th and Glen got home late on the 6th. The kids were super happy to have Dad back especially the little people.
The rest of that week was Peter Pan Jr at the middle school that Lilly was a pirate in. I will have to see if I can find pictures of that. I ran helped with tickets and ran the concessions so I didn't take pictures.







Comments