We happen to have a lot of time on our hands. Besides online school these are a few of the things we have done with our time.
Daryl has taken school breaks to work for Grandma Egbert.
We have started moving dirt so we can pour concrete along the back of the house and do curbing along the east and south of the house. The goal is to have it look pretty at some point this year.
We have braided each other's hair, at least Beth, Lucy and I.
Lilly built an amazing fort for a stage crew assignment. Everyone enjoyed it.
We have spent more time with the dogs, by being home as well as by taking them on walks.
We have enjoyed being outside more and the nice and warm moments of spring. The weather hasn't been really warm but we usually get a few hours a day. I took the above picture because my dad may trim or take down the box elder tree on the left side of the yard.
I finished the quilt I did for the Moda fabric challenge that was going to be part of the UQSM show, that was cancelled. The challenge was not canceled. The quilts made for the challenge will be auctioned off from April 20th- May 1st to benefit Humanity Sews. My older girls wished I would have paid the money to just keep the quilt but I didn't feel like that was what was suppose to happen. There is a small chance I could win a prize, very small though.
We also spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa Richins on Sunday. They have been staying home for the most part but needed some interaction for sanity. Turns out they didn't want us to come last Sunday because they were fasting.
We found out that Josh hasn't been feeling well and got tested for the corona virus. Luckily while we were there they got a call that the test was negative and he had the regular flu.
Conference was so good. Lots of good reminders and direction to continue to Hear Him, a new proclamation, a Hosanna shout, a fast on Good Friday for help with CoVid-19, and new temples in historical places. It was a great reminder that God is in the details and loves and cares about His children, even during and especially in the midst of a global pandemic.
![]() |
| Playing monopoly during the last session of conference. |
![]() |
| Trying to fly kites after conference before we watched Onward. |
![]() |
| Grandma and Beth playing connect four during the last session of conference. |
![]() |
| Enjoying being with Grandma and Grandpa Richins on Sunday and hearing the announcement of the new temples. |
Before we left for the night we introduced Ruth and Beth to Lambert the Sheepish Lion a Richins favorite.















Comments
Your quilt is amazing! I love the pattern you quilted into it. Do you have a quilting machine? You should definitely win a prize. Where do I cast my vote?
I was just commenting to Faith that the people I feel like have it the worst during this social distancing are children who don't have siblings. There is always a party if you have a few siblings! Lilly's fort was super-cool. The braids were beautiful and is Daryl doing yard work for Grandma Egbert?