Skip to main content

A little sleep deprived but no big deal

I am trying to remember the good things from this week. It’s all a little hazy from being sleep deprived. I guess the best thing about this week is that we made it through and got the essential things done while not getting enough sleep. Sometimes life is like that. 

With help from the rest of the family here are some other good things from the week.

  • Daryl got to go back to school in person finally after a month of virtual school from Covid exposure quarantine. 
  • It was the last week of school for the year.
  • Ms. James became Lucy’s favorite teacher because she is not only a fun history teacher but she has mad volleyball skills too.
  • Christmas treats from Glen’s coworkers, but probably too many. 
  • Getting all the little gift bags with hot chocolate mix or caramel popcorn made for the kids friends and classes. 
  • Lucy finally had an orthodontist appointment. They put a bracket and chain on her tooth that needs to be pulled up. She might not have braces the rest of her life. (Her mouth does hurt a lot more now on the down side.)
  • Ruth’s class made cute gnomes and she got to help with the one for the principal.
  • Larry and Janene have a foreign exchange student living with them for a few weeks. She’s from Ghana and the Ivory Coast. She’s very nice and having lots of firsts with them. Her name is Hermia.
  • Evelyn’s hair lady came and gave her a perm and haircut. Despite not liking it the day it happened she is very pleased with it now. 
  • I am caught up on client quilts for the year! There are some family ones to do over the holiday break but no pressure from clients right now. 
  • Josh and Janae got to go on Josh’s graduation trip finally! Six months late but worth the wait.
On to pictures.

Evelyn reacting to seeing herself in the mirror after her perm and haircut. 
She was wondering who that old lady was, she looked terrible. 
This is a Moth man plush that I made for one of Lilly’s friends for Christmas.

This is a badger stuffed animal I made for a different friend of Lilly’s. We had an agreement that if she would do her school work and stop stressing about presents for friends I would do what I could to make the presents happen. It mostly worked. 
Beth was man handling Raif at Sunday dinner, making him happy he didn’t have an older sister that is close in age to him. He has one sister but she is 15.
Lucy made this rope bowl for a gift for one of her teachers
I quilted 5 stars like this for a client. 
The kids made a Christmas nativity tower. 


Comments

Paige said…
Your creative projects really inspire me. It's good your kids have such loving support from their mom.
kirsta said…
Yes! I agree with Paige! All this creative energy at your house is so much to get to see. Poor Evelyn! At least her hair settled into place - that's a lucky thing, but the pictures were so delightful of how she felt about it :)
HW said…
I love seeing what you do. You are amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....