There was a lot going on this week. One of the main perks was a four day weekend for the kids. There was MLKJr. Day on Monday and then grade transmittal day on Tuesday for the end of 1st semester. Glen had to work but the kids all had it off.
Monday we mostly cleaned and caught up at home. We talked about going shopping, driving around to get Lilly more hours and visiting a dog park but instead stayed home.
Tuesday, Lilly’s friends surprised her with a visit on a golf cart and took her off for fun and rehearsals. I was glad they had fun and didn’t get in trouble for having six kids on a golf cart. All of the kids got to be with friends this day too. Lilly's I mentioned. Lucy hung out with Ella. They made hot chocolate macaroons, that were so yummy. Daryl got to play at Carter's with Carter, Ethan and another Carter. Ruth got to play with Anna. Even though they play almost every day Beth played with Ellie. It was a happy day.
Glen tried to enlist our dogs to help with a geese problem at on the high school fields. Hundreds of Canadian geese landed on their fields and were walking around and leaving traces of them being there. We took the dogs to the school to see if they could run around and scare the geese away but the geese had left by time we got there.
We also visited and had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Richins. We helped them with little things around their house like Glen taking the water softener salt down stairs and putting it in the machine and I put upholstery pins in the sofa's to keep the sofa covers on better.
Wednesday was back to school. Lilly’s school was virtual because of COVID numbers this week but everyone else was in person. The high school being virtual meant no preschool for Beth.
I had lunch with my mom, sisters and Jed for Mom's and Jed’s birthdays. It’s fun to have Jed back and to be able to get together like that. We got food to go so we could be with Evelyn. She wasn't feeling well so she stayed in the front room.
Ruth really wants her family to be able to see her do gymnastics. Glen started helping that happen. He took Ruth and Beth to gymnastics and then did all the other kid running around while I had my gathering meeting for school.
Thursday, Ruth and I went to our classes. It was much better for Ruth this week though I almost had to carry her in to the building. I also got some good information to that will hopefully help us and give us some more skills to help Ruth with some of the struggles she is having.
Friday was a full day. The morning didn't go as planned but everyone got where they needed to be by the time they needed to be there. Lucy and I helped move Mia in to her own apartment, with Larry. (Mia is an exchange student from Ghana and the Ivory Coast, that has been living with them since December. She came to study architecture at SLCC and then the U of U.) Janene was willing to watch Beth and pick up Daryl and Ruth after they were done with Friday enrichment. Our music teacher was willing to let Ruth try and afternoon class instead of her 7am one. It made the day much easier with her. One of the good things that happened was the rain holding off until after we had all of Mia's stuff out of the back of the truck. Plus we got rain and then some snow!
Friday nights I stay with Evelyn and since she is in a decline phase we are trying to not leave her alone much. I stayed with her Saturday to kind of hide away to focus on some homework I needed to catch up on. It's good to have something to do when staying with Evelyn. She doesn't have a lot of energy and is having more heart spells or ones that last longer. Sometimes she likes to talk and visit but more often she is too tired or doesn't feel well and needs to rest. Having been through this process with Roberta, it is interesting to see how similar yet different things are with Evelyn.
Evelyn has had this chalk board for as long as I can remember. I think Beth and Ellie have used it more than any of my siblings or I did. It always lived in the basement and came out only for special occasions.
Daryl went on an early morning walk with Glen and I. When we were coming back he needed me to take a picture of the ducks on the canal for Ruth and Beth.
Daryl needs a haircut by decided to comb his hair in a different way this day.
It finally snowed. It felt like a winter wonderland with the white stuff instead of a cold and hazy land like most of this winter has been.






Comments
I am glad you are getting to hang out with people more. I hope for that day to come for us soon.