Skip to main content

So close but not quite there

We are so close to being done with the 2020-2021 school year. All kinds of things happened  to get us closer to that. The best one was the theater awards night that Glen and I got to attend with Lilly. Because of silly Covid restrictions parents didn’t get to eat at the banquet part just come later to the awards.  Those theater kids worked hard and did amazing things this year amid all the craziness. 
Some of Lilly’s highlights were being inducted in to the Thespian society, earning national honor Thespian level, being awarded the most promising Junior actress award,  lettering in theater and stage design, medaling in state individual events and  being selected President of the Drama club for the coming school year. It was a good night. 
Glen and I snuck away Monday night to a wedding reception for one of the young men Glen was a leader for in scouts and young men’s. The location was beautiful and it felt like a pay off from an investment to see Hunter doing well in life and to hear him talk of the fond memories of camps with Glen. There were some families that were in our ward and have moved away. It was great to catch up with them also. 
Spring sports wrapped up with several teams making good runs in their respective tournaments. Softball did the best and won the whole thing. 6A State champions. Glen got to go to the game and said it was pretty cool to be in that environment. 
Roberta’s rose garden is in full bloom and is beautiful. 
Evelyn has been having more bad days than good lately. We have exhausted most of our pain management options through hospice. Even though Evelyn doesn’t qualify for a card for medial cannabis we have been able to get some from out of state. Giving her just a tiny slice of an edible has given her the relief she has needed, with out the effects of  the heavy medicine I her end of life kit. 


Pictures are in no particular order 

A goose family

Creating an epic hop scotch game.  
A full moon rising over the mountain at Eaglewood golf course. 
I am now fully vaccinated or I guess will be in two weeks, besides having had the actual virus. 
Lilly with Avery and Jimmy who are part of her other family. If she isn’t home and Avery at our house she’s probably with Avery. 
We castrated the boy goats. They were very sad. We decided to just go with banding since I am worried about tetanus and have to find a vet who will help us with vaccinations still. 
Lilly getting most promising Junior actress award

Peonies in Roberta’s garden
President past and president to be. 
More peonies
Sidewalk chalk art for the win.
Another great picture of a whole bunch of geese families. 
Roses from Roberta’s garden
The president with her parents
Madame president with her secret service detail. 
It’s interesting to see Glen figuring/planning stuff out. 
Lucy’s gum wrapper art
More sidewalk chalk
Evelyn and Ellie hugging. 

The presidents
A beautiful sunset over the large puddles that are the Great Salk Lake right now. 

Comments

HW said…
Hooray for Lily's glory! That is so fun she has found her thing and her tribe. And you are right about Glen's thoughts. I had to zoom in and appreciate. It was fun. I love all your details--even the poor boy goats. And I'm praying for you and Evelyn--so glad there is something to give her relief.
Paige said…
Not many responses today because Google won't co-operate but I loved reading every word thank you so much
kirsta said…
I especially loved the picture of the past president with the future president! Very sweet. The end of school is always a little bit stressful and fun. Way to go Lilly for all her awards and stellar performances!! The poor goats. That was sad. Also, I believe CBD is completely legal here. If you need me to send a care package for Evelyn, just say the word. You will have to tell me exactly what she needs as I have never bought any CBD products and would have no idea of what I am doing! If it is effective for her, then it is a must!!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....