Skip to main content

Livin’ on a prayer

 Oh, we've got to hold on, ready or not

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got
Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Here is what we are holding on too this week-
Getting the rear window repaired before bad weather hit after not paying attention and popping it in to thousands of pieces while backing in to a parking spot at the orthodontist office. No one getting hurt in the process of the glass popping and the orthodontist being really nice about the whole thing. 
Getting help at just the right times from Marian and my mom, while putting to go dinners together for the RHS volleyball team and getting the food to the school close to when it was suppose to be there. 
Going to the temple early one morning but missing my morning walk with Glen.
Good kids that are healthy and smart but seem to have a hard time listening and obeying me lately. 
Enjoying my neighbor’s beautiful roses but finding she has been fighting Covid and then was admitted to the hospital later in the week for pneumonia. 
Getting everything moved out of the top of Larry and Janene’s for the floors to be finished while still being able to listen to my class the first hour. Then being done in time to get home and lead the discussion for the second hour. 
Not being as prepared as I could have been to lead class but having really good participation from other class members.
Being reminded that our time with Evelyn is getting shorter after she had a pretty bad heart spell on Friday. She is sleeping much more, mostly drinking to eat because it just slides down, spends more time in the front room or bed and has a hard time getting up by herself. 
Having the mice problem in the goat food bin solved, but Glen and the kids catching two of them live and discussing how to bring about their demise quickly :( and humanely or where to release them so they could live but not come back.(I don’t know what happened; I exited the conversation early.)  
Evelyn still has her sense of humor though. This week Marian was talking to her about her Chaplin visiting. Evelyn looked at her and said, “ I am a meme we of the LDS church. I don’t need a Chaplin.” Marian replied, “I know. She comes more to visit you. She’s not here to save your soul.”  Evelyn looked at her for a moment and said,”I quit wearing shoes awhile ago. I don’t have to worry about my souls.” 
Having help beyond my own with school. I had a quiz I took last week that I was really nervous about because all these medical terms I am relearning and learning feel like they have been thrown in my head in a giant jumbled mess that has yet to be organized. When I submitted the quiz, which was automatically graded, I was shocked to see I had gotten everything right. That doesn’t happen with every quiz but I feel like all my efforts are being magnified in this school endeavor, which I am really grateful for. 
Lilly doesn’t like to sing in front of family unless she is on stage performing but Saturday after rehearsals and work she went and sang to Evelyn for almost an hour. (Mostly because Evelyn say over and over again,” That was so wonderful! Do you have one more?”)







Comments

Paige said…
What a scary moment with the rear window of your car! I’m glad nobody got hurt. The selection of photos was beautiful. For some reason, looking at them makes me smell Autumn in Utah. Great job on getting class done even though life also happens. Tell Evelyn she’s got soles on her feet also — maybe the chaplain can come over if there’s promise of a foot massage.
HW said…
Your good things are so good! It is so tender to be a part of Evelyn's life as she is getting ready to leave. She still gives good gifts even though she is sleeping so much and not even wearing shoes! I also loved that your efforts in school are being magnified and that no one got hurt or even angry about your car window. I'm especially glad it is fixed.
kirsta said…
Ooooh. My favorite picture was the one of Evelyn's hands. So artistic and poignant. I love it that you aced a quiz you weren't sure about! You're going to spank this whole school thing. I agree about the rear window - so scary!! Glad you got it fixed before the bad weather. Good timing there. Bill says most of life is a matter of timing.

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....