The week before winter break was a blur. So much good going on. I’ll see what I can remember and what we have photo evidence of occurring.
We had dinner at Jed’s at the start of the week. Raif thought he was the funniest thing because he traded Jed’s crocs with Lucy’s crocs, making Jed have coral pink ones on and Lucy navy blue. For being three, Raif has a great sense of humor.
Kids came around to do Odd Jobs for Silver Rush (the high school’s charity fundraiser). Glen and Lucy had been thinking of good things to ask them to do to earn a donation. They painted the goat’s horns purple, climbed the rope to ring the bell and drew a silver rush mural on the block wall. It was pretty fun. Lucy went with her friend to another friend’s young womens activity. They were making gospel themed gingerbread creations out of Graham crackers. Lucy and her friend got second place for their depiction of the last supper. I guess they got points docked for not having the right number of gummy bears. They thought having a Jesus gummy bear was crossing the line or too sac-religious. I thought it was all very creative.
Ruth stayed the night with me at Evelyn’s and in the morning found some rather large icicles.
Lucy messed around with the embroidery features on my sewing machine and did this hat with her school’s holiday charity event on it.
Evelyn has two families she still exchanges Christmas cards with in Canada from her mission. I helped her write a letter to the one and she signed it and wrote her own little note.
Lucy wanted to give her teachers gifts before the break. We decided on homemade sourdough loaves of bread. We were really great film our neighbor shared some of her start with us, since I killed the one we had.
We got some more snow and even had an online instruction day because of the bad weather. No more snow days because of Covid.
The week ended with family dinner with the Egbert side. The oldest four granddaughters put together a presentation with graphs and charts on how the grandkid’s happiness level would increase if they could all go see Christmas lights together. It was so funny and creative.
Comments