There are minimal things that I know happened this week.
I had a Christmas present custom quilt to get quilted and then a deadline for a going away quilt present just after Christmas. I basically lived at the villa this week even pulling an all nighter one night (I don’t recommend that, I really do like sleep). All the things got done and Christmas happened and my family was really patient and kind with my disappearance.
My mom’s friend Ann made this quilt for her nephew. My mom told her it had so much detail it needed to be custom quilted. It turned out pretty good. I need to work on those skills more often.
The nephew has an air BnB he calls The Chick Inn. I tired to put that logo in one of the empty barn doors and then Merry Christmas 2021 in the other one. The thread was all black or monofilament so it blended in and didn’t show.
The other quilt that needed to be done just after Christmas was for Glen’s principal. She applied for a position at the district office to be over the whole teaching and learning department and got it. Her new job starts January 3. Glen and the other admin team wanted to give her a nice going away gift before she started that and this wolf quilt was settled on.
The pattern is from Violet Craft, and just had to get fabric for it and put it all together. It was like a quilt puzzle and pretty fun.
One thing I took a break for was Lilly’s Christmas potluck voice recital. She did a great job even though she was really nervous and would have preferred to leave after eating.
Christmas night we got together with my side of the family at Joe’s house for dinner and present exchange. I left my phone unsupervised and Lucy, TaLyn and Beth left me some nice pictures. It was a fun day and evening.
Ruth needed these pictures to be documented that she drew on her doodle board.
Comments