The high lights from this last week were-
Celebrating Daryl’s 12th birthday.
Evelyn having some good days with her quick wit mixed with her sleepy quiet bad.
Evelyn’s humor and sass.
Getting the little girls room painted
Marian gifting a dresser back to us that I had gifted her, so I didn’t need to find a new one on KSL classifieds.
Getting free dirt and a free desk from Derek’s brother.
Derek’s brother helping me load the back of the big truck with his free dirt.
The guy whose car I scratched trying to maneuver the big truck in tight spaces being nice. I offered to pay for repairs and give him insurance information and he said not to worry nothing was broken.
Lucy speaking in church even though she thought it was a little soon since she spoke in April.(the down side of having a small number of youth on your ward= lots of chances to speak.)
Lilly changing her day around to come celebrate Daryl’s birthday with us.
Glen and Daryl helping with the big city service project on Saturday for the National Day of Service.
Beth holding the neighbor kitties under the carport. She loves this.
Lucy had an incredible game on Tuesday against Cyprus. In one set she earned the first 9 points had 8 aces. It was great to see her do well but by then end I was cheering for Cyprus too. They are a young inexperienced team with a much different socioeconomic level in their school. It was great when they earned points.
The down sides of this week-
Not being really prepared for Daryl’s birthday with cake and presents.
Low blood sugar with Ruth and sometimes Beth. They are really rough moments. Ruth is really picky about what she will willingly eat and I would like it to not have a substantial amount of sugar. It makes the options limited and frustrating especially if I haven’t gone grocery shopping. We will keep working on it.
Beth holding the neighbor kitties under the carport. Glen hates this. He does not want to feed extra animals and help the neighbor’s lacking pets care because they haven’t fixed their cat.
Evelyn having enough bad days that I anticipate the end being closer than it is. Maybe I have said it before but holding space for a person to keep living in whatever state they are able to exist but also being okay if that person passes on is a big space to hold. It is a ride I would somedays like to have over but at the same time am trying to enjoy all the moments I have with this little lady earth side. The days of my life left with out her are hopefully greater than what I have lived, which will be a long time with out her wonderful spirit.
Not exercising enough and thus having my anxiety and ADHD ramp up. Plus anxiety not helping my ability to sleep even with me using my CPAP machine more. I really hope sleep and I can be friends again soon.
Marian grew this tomato. It broke of the vine before it was ripened so she left it outside in the sun to ripen. It ended up sun bleached and the cell structure changed on the top part too. It was pretty crazy.
Daryl wanted to see the Kennecott Coppermine pit and visitors center for his birthday. It is pretty minimal since the slide but still has cool stuff and the pit is always impressive. We probably need to go back on a better air quality day to get a better view and scope though. Air quality was not good on September 10.
On a semi good day, Ellie had a ring pop she decided she disliked and Evelyn decided she would like it and finished it for her.
One of the loved/hated kitties with Beth in her favorite spot.
On September 8th, Evelyn had a really band day. She didn’t know who she was, my mom was or I was. She wondered where her parents and Roberta were, hurt all over and slept most of the day. One of the only things she mentioned was that for her Daddy’s birthday we needed cake that was chocolate with chocolate frosting.
September 9th was her Daddy’s birthday so I picked up a cake form Costco because I didn’t have time to make one. She was so pleased when I brought it in. She thought it looked so nice I should save that cake and get another. We eventually got her to give in and let us cut that cake. She was a big fan though it was a bit rich.
The girls enjoying the visitor center.
Painting the detail on the girls bedroom walls. Being so close to being done!
Post church kitty love.
Marian got a few new chicks from people who decided they weren’t chicken people. Ruth and Beth are big fans of them.
The girls enjoying the visitor center.
Painting the detail on the girls bedroom walls. Being so close to being done!
Post church kitty love.
Marian got a few new chicks from people who decided they weren’t chicken people. Ruth and Beth are big fans of them.










Comments