Here are picture highlights from a couple weeks ago. I am going to try to be better at documenting the good we have going on. The struggle is really and always around but there is so much good going on too.
Also this post has nothing to do with walking but I try to copy Heather and have parts of song lyrics be the titles of my posts. This is the phrase that came to mind. It seems like we are in the middle of an adventure right now, mostly with Evelyn, there is a lot of space to cover before we get to where we want to be. We are like pioneer children who sang as they walked and walked and walked….But I’m not really singing. It’s more complaining and morning and stressing and worrying. I think I will try singing because it might have a more positive outcome than what I am currently doing. Probably a bit of inspiration for me to have a better attitude.
On to the pictures.
I checked on Evelyn with the cameras this day knowing that her nurse was coming. This was the scene I got and it warmed my heart. Arla is so good to Evelyn and us. I am so glad we have her on this hospice journey we are on. And Marian. I think I would have gone crazy with out her helping with Evelyn and Roberta these last five years.
Evelyn had a great day on Tuesday before this perm and haircut happened. So good, she was even up for a bath when I half joking ask if she wanted one. That was a big shock. Wednesday when this happened was not so good but she really wanted her hair done so she mustard up extra strength. Then she was in bed for the next few days recovering.
Daryl is figuring out his style. Though he was testing out one of Uncle Bert’s ties here. That is Evelyn and Roberta’s dad and yes his ties and lots of his clothes are still in the closets of the house:/) Daryl had me take him to DI to find some short sleeve button up shirts he could wear in buttoned over his t-shirt to school. This shirt was one of them and if I remember right his dad had a similar style when I met him in high school.
Ruth asked and I let her play with my hair after church. She loves combing through hair with her hands mainly but brushes also work. She seems to be enjoying 4th grade and likes her teacher but told me she is at the bottom of the list of her favorite teachers, mostly because she hasn’t completed the year with her and so she doesn’t have enough information to properly rank her yet. This is Glen looking at the mouse Gunner caught but we didn’t let him eat. And Lucy’s leg showing she is holding Gunner back from trying to eat that mouse. It is both wonderful and horrible to have a mouser dog.
We got…actually that should say Glen got the girls room primed for new paint. He is good. I guess it could be we because I got the paint to the house. He just did all the painting.
Lilly came home for the weekend or at least a night. She made cinnamon rolls with some help. She got one night off work to help her have more time for school. It is fun to see her and see how she’s working hard being a grown up.
My cousin, Matthew became a grandpa and since his daughter and new granddaughter live in Provo all the Utah family threw them a baby shower. My mom, Lucy, Ali and Julie are in the above picture. This was opening presents. It was fun to see all the baby things and not be in the middle of having babies.
Emily hosted the shower at her house and had things decorated so nicely.
Aunt Steph holding baby Rebecca Joy. She is so little. I enjoyed holding her and then giving her back to her mom.
Emily and SadieRose. They are remarkable ladies, taking care of their husband and dad who is declining rapidly from ALS.












Comments
Just keep swimming
just keep swimming
just keep swimming swimming swimming.