Skip to main content

We are the best, heck, yes

My teaching station on the fourth grade field trip to Camp Floyd- pony express way station. I know all kinds of fun facts about it now and multi- step directions are hard for kids to follow. 

The little girls enjoyed visiting Ellie’s neighbor’s goats. 
Flowering fruitless cherry tree blossoms up in Layton at PTA convention. 

Our district superintendent, Dr. Godfrey in the superintendent’s rock band playing at PTA convention. He is second from the right at the mic with the guitar. 
Last team huddle 
End of the season team photo-
L to R- Addison, Lucy Berkeley, Bree, Eliza, Coach Bailee, Laila, Vanessa, Boston, Mayzee, Abbie.

Lucy and Coach Bailee. It has been a good season.

 What’s the line from Ferris Buler’s day off? 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it. 

What a week. 

Good things from this week were-

Getting a client quilt done and delivered.

Going on the fourth grade field trip with Ruth to Camp Floyd where I got to teach about the pony express and direct the kids in an activity. 

Going to PTA convention

One month passing from Evelyn passing, it was also a hard day too.

Good presentations at convention that have given me ideas of things to do with my kids.

Time at home.

An unexpected phone call and job change for Glen. He is moving schools again this year on July 1st. He will be going to Fort Herriman Middle school as the principal. The title of the post is the last line of the fight song at FHMS. It makes me laugh. 

Lucy’s last volleyball tournament of the season.

My mom finding out she qualifies to get cochlea implants to improve her hearing. 

Jed and Jill coming by to visit while they were in town Saturday. 

Mother’s Day, was good but also hard. 

Hard things about this week-

Kids not behaving at Glen’s school.I spoke too soon last week. There have been multiple incidents. Graduation on June 1st can not come fast enough. 

Figuring out this new phase of life and feeling like I not only lost my boss but all my coworkers as well. It’s lonely. 

Grief. 

Signing up to do things that seemed like a good idea at the time but as they came seemed like they would be too much. But doing them still. It’s worked out but has been taxing as well. 

So many changes in a month. 


Comments

kirsta said…
Lucy's coach looks like she is the same age as Lucy! It's hard to see a good season come to and end. Being a parent chaperone is one thing I never did and wish I had! What fun to get to teach 4th graders about the pony express! Grief definitely comes in waves and feels like fatigue - makes all the things so much harder. Lots of love to you!!!
HW said…
I'm with Kirsta sympathizing about the grief. It is a big deal and feels like it keeps coming. You get better at it though and it stops knocking you over as much. That is a big deal for Glen! Congrats on getting his own school--and the fight song line seems perfect for a Utah middle school! What were you doing at PTA conventions? You are so good to participate! I have taken a pass on most elementary school parent participation for G and E unless it sounds like I actually want to do it. I don't know if that's the right answer or not!
Paige said…
You're rich and people are the best. Heck, yes! I'm so glad I got to see you. Not sure if I'm commenting on the right week for that. Thank you for the picture of the baby goat, and the blossoms. That tree just went nuts. The grieving part of life is difficult, isn't it? I will be thinking of you, and praying for you!

Popular posts from this blog

California here we come

July 15-19  Early Monday morning we went to the Provo airport to head to John Wayne airport then down to San Diego to celebrate Larry and Janene's 50th wedding anniversary. We met up with everyone but Josh and his girlfriend, Amberlee in Provo. They left earlier and drove so they could visit her family as well. My dad is a bit John Wayne fan so we had to take a picture with The Duke at his airport for him.  Once we had our luggage, rental van and food in our bellies we had to get sand between our toes and salt water at least on our feet. We ate at a fun little place in San Clemente called Cafe Rae. It was really little. Our group of nine took up about half their seats. It was really good food and they had great hospitality.  Our next stop was the USS Midway in San Diego. Larry had talked about visiting this and the Saint Mary for a long time. It was one of the main reasons we went to San Diego. It was nice to make it happen. I am not really in to military stuff but it was...

My cup with blessings overflows

 I am trying to get back in the habit of blogging. Before I go to bed, even though I should be in bed here are blessings from this week. I don’t know it I will remember them all there were so many.  Being home to attend church with our ward.  Talks from two sister in our ward, Louisa Jones who is a brand new young woman and Holly Draney who is the Primary President, on Sister Kristin Yee’s conference talk, that complimented each other well.  They reminded me that God is in the details and even when mistakes are made he can use it to help us learn and bless us. Louisa talked about how she was mad when her parents decided they should move a few years ago but Heavely Father has made it work out. Holly brought up the definitions of the words possibility and joy. She also talked about repairing quilts that had things happen to them. Also a talk from Matt Reeves about the power of the priesthood and how it has blessed his life and has preserved his life.  A great less...

Head to the hills- July 7-14

Good things from this week were- Getting dirt to fill the planter box Daryl made for Grandpa Richins. It’s ready for him to use now!  Getting ready for girls camp. Watching Lucy play volleyball in a tournament at UVU with high school team girls. It’s crazy that is her last one as a high school player.  Eating dinner on the roof and watching the sunset. Girls camp, even the one bad part.  Showering after girls camp Sunday dinner at Larry and Janene's and playing with the whip These cool plants were at the nursery we got soil from. I think I might want some in my yard.  Lucy played in a volleyball tournament at UVU with the high school team.  Lucy thought eating on the roof would be a good idea one night so we could watch the sunset better. She was right. Though Ruth but mostly Beth got pretty comfortable exploring up there. My mom safety barometer went quite high till they got down.  The Oquirrh Mountain temple fit right between the trees for a perfect view....