Here are some highlights from our first week of summer.
KayLynn Herpel recommended The Art of Dying Well to me when we were texting about aging parents. I wish I would have had the book ten years ago while helping with Evelyn and Roberta. We got a lot of things right with them, according to the book, which was such a blessing. I have been recommending the book to everyone. We all are getting older or have aging parents or loved ones and this book gives great insight for what to expect in the declining years. It also suggests conversations to have and what it takes to really have the end of life you want. Things that are so important but in our culture are not talked about enough.
We went out to dinner with Larry and Janene for their 49th anniversary. everyone but Lilly was there from our family and Janae and one or two of her boys were there as well.
I quilted these quilts for our family friend Donna, who lives in California. Not great pictures to show what I did but really fun quilts made with her quilting friends.
The kids and I went to the Saratoga Springs temple open house. It was so beautiful inside and out. Larry and Janene went just a bit earlier than we did and Glen was in Texas for a work conference.
Beth loves any time she gets to be around Lilly and tries to make the most of it.
We loved the variety of blooming flowers on the grounds. I was jealous of their rose bushes. They probably don't have goats that help them prune them when they don't need it like I do.
Hospice had a butterfly release event at Wheeler Farm. Marian, Ellie, Mom, Beth and I went to it. The best part was seeing some of our hospice people. Above is Marian, Jenn- one of our social workers, Suzy- a nurse that came a few times and me. We took the picture and sent it to Arla hoping that she would come. It didn't work out for her sadly. One of the hardest parts of this transition has been the feeling of losing all my coworkers besides my boss. There was so much coordination of care that took place, and then it went away in a blink.
We went out to dinner with Larry and Janene for their 49th anniversary. everyone but Lilly was there from our family and Janae and one or two of her boys were there as well.
I quilted these quilts for our family friend Donna, who lives in California. Not great pictures to show what I did but really fun quilts made with her quilting friends.
The kids and I went to the Saratoga Springs temple open house. It was so beautiful inside and out. Larry and Janene went just a bit earlier than we did and Glen was in Texas for a work conference.
Beth loves any time she gets to be around Lilly and tries to make the most of it.
We loved the variety of blooming flowers on the grounds. I was jealous of their rose bushes. They probably don't have goats that help them prune them when they don't need it like I do.
Hospice had a butterfly release event at Wheeler Farm. Marian, Ellie, Mom, Beth and I went to it. The best part was seeing some of our hospice people. Above is Marian, Jenn- one of our social workers, Suzy- a nurse that came a few times and me. We took the picture and sent it to Arla hoping that she would come. It didn't work out for her sadly. One of the hardest parts of this transition has been the feeling of losing all my coworkers besides my boss. There was so much coordination of care that took place, and then it went away in a blink.









Comments
I loved the photo of you with your children at the Saratoga Springs temple