A run down of the week-
Monday was President’s day thus a day off of school. Glen, Daryl, Ruth and Beth enjoyed going out to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Richins, running some errands. Lucy was still in Arizona playing volleyball and Lilly was driving home from Arizona.
I did my first clinical day to get my CNA certificate. It was an adventure. It made me wish I knew Spanish and helped me realize I have stronger opinions on caregiving than I thought. All those years with Evelyn and Roberta were valuable in multiple ways.
Tuesday was a day of picking up for me. I picked up filing cabinets Glen had bought on public surplus. That usually turns in to an adventure for me and this was no different. I am grateful for help loading, a moving dolly being available and a police officer walking by and being willing to assist at just the right time. The best thing I got to pick up was Lucy. She came back from her tournament. We went and picked up film prints and some yummy frozen custard because we were in the neighborhood.
Wednesday, I spent making food to feed the teachers at the elementary for PTC that night. I did soups, salad, rolls and dessert. I made four kinds of soup and brownies for dessert but bought the rolls instead of making them. I also had a neighbor make a soup and the PTA president make cookies. It turned out pretty well. I was so thankful for the help my kids gave in getting things moved and set up.
We got good reports about Ruth and Beth. Their teachers are so great. I know teaching my kids is probably something I could do but I really appreciate teachers.
Thursday was for visiting. I took a friend to visit her aunt in the hospital. I visited Barbra. And I got to visit with people who loved Joel. Glen and I hugged so many great people and meet Neilson cousins and family friends that loved him too.
As I have been thinking about that gathering it seems a fitting tribute to Joel. We were all gathered for him but didn’t talk about him too much(At least in the conversations I was a part). He seemed to like gatherings as long as they didn’t focus on personal information or at least him talking about himself. He was the cool guy that after meeting, I wanted to be around whenever invited. He had this air of mystery around him, that only some made their way through. He was fun and funny and passionate and brilliant. He cared deeply, loved freely and created beauty. A wonderful complicated guy, I am so glad I knew.
Friday, Ruth and Beth had off of school. It was the memorial service for Joshua Kochever, as well. I opted to leave the girls at home to work on chores and rest and go to the funeral alone. It was heartbreakingly beautiful. His three siblings spoke as well as his parents. They all had such composure. Each one mentioned little moments they had with Josh in the months or days before his passing that gave them more time with him, helped them understand and know him better, and share how much they loved him with him. They knew the battle they were fighting and he was fighting and were doing what they could hoping to avoid what happened. They were open and honest about the struggles many in their family had with depression and other mental health problems and wanted to help make it normal to talk about them. I am so glad I went.
Grandma Egbert came and got Beth while I was gone and took her shopping for a baptism dress. And Ruth’s friends showed up just before I got home to play Dungeons and Dragons. I was hoping they wouldn’t because parents hadn’t talked to each other. It was so nice it worked out to leave the girls home.
That night Glen and I finally were able to meet up with Tony and Betty for dinner! They are such fun people. It was so fun to catch up with them and give them a hug.
My pictures of the week are mostly from my kids. Lilly sent shots of the Grand Canyon. And Daryl Ruth or Beth took the pictures of Glen and the dogs.






Comments