This week was mostly about my dad and Ruth, with a few other things taking up space and time as well.
Monday, Dad officially retired from the fire department and was sworn out. I made it there for photo opportunities but didn’t communicate that I was coming so the short swearing out took place while I was walking in. Oops.
Ruth turned 11.
Ruth and some of her friends have started playing Dungeons and Dragons and a few of them came over to play after school on Monday. It was the best kind of not party party. Kids having fun together without any pressure or expectations.
We went out to dinner to Chick-fil-a. Lilly and Grandma and Grandpa Egbert joined us. We missed having Lucy with us who was traveling back from Colorado.
It was a fun celebration of our spunky, smart Ruth.
Dad’s retirement party was Friday. Joe kind of talked him in to having one instead of just slipping out. I am so glad he did. There were so many family, friends and fellow firemen that came to tell him thank you. It was great.
I tried making sourdough bread again. It turned out pretty well.
Captain (Dusty)Dern, Dad and Joe- Dusty and Joe have been friends since childhood and did paid call with Dad and other people in Herriman when they became 18, before they all got hired to full time, at different times.
Dad’s fire prevention co workers.
Top row- Mark, Daryl, Teagan, Dad, Clara, Lilly, Mom
The gorilla was requested to make an appearance at the retirement party. :)
Dad and his friend Eric
Mom and Dad and Matt Robinson a neighbor and family friend
The older grandkids consulting. Mark, TaLyn, Clara, Lilly















Comments