There are several things from this week and a couple from last week that didn’t get mentioned that are just really great blessings.
We took Evelyn to the dermatologist last week. It was quite the ordeal. She doesn’t really go anywhere anymore but she went, rather felt like she was kidnapped and forced to go. The silver lining was some tender moments with Evelyn and Marian, the nurse or medical assistant being a lady that use to live in Herriman and knew Evelyn, and a caring doctor willing to listen to us and our needs while meeting our strict criteria.
Evelyn has needed a a haircut for months. We have been trying to get the lady that comes to her house lined up to come with no success. She was able to get us the perm though. Marian’s friend was willing to come do the perm on Monday. Evelyn wasn’t sure if she knew what she was doing but she was so happy with the end result.
Aunt Melodee is here visiting and helping with Evelyn. It is good to have her around and have her help.
A tender learning moment with Beth about the fragility of life after an accident with a chick. A wise grandma that let the lesson be learned with out any reproach for losing a chick.
A day with Brandy to make cupcakes for her sister’s birthday and her hang out with our family.
People to teach Daryl a sport I know nothing about but he is enjoying more and more. It is teaching good life skills besides the game of rugby.
Goslings on the canal.
The rose bushes I ordered months ago arrived this week. Saturday my kids helped me plant them. I am hoping we did a good job and we’ll have beautiful flowers for years to come.
A body that is working hard for me and getting me the places I want to go on foot. It’s retaining much of the information and knowledge I am trying to shove in my head and though my shape and waistline aren’t really going down like I would like, I can’t really expect anymore of it with the amount of rest I am getting.
A silly baby goat that found it much easier to taste the grass on the panther side of the fence and not so easy to get her head back on the other side. And concern neighbors and passers by that didn’t want the goats head stuck anymore than we did.
Riding bikes to preschool on the last regular day with Beth and Glen being available to walk her in to class when we were late and I forgot a mask. Also being able to find a mask hidden in Beth’s back pack when we forgot them in our rush to get on the road.
Working with most of my siblings and their families to give my mom the Mother’s Day present she wanted, and getting it done in the time frame we had allotted for it.
Church in person with both hours of meetings. It’s so nice to have in person Sunday school and primary again.
An after church hike with the whole family. Everyone liked it a lot there was minimal whining or complaining. Beth got to learn the value of socks and the right shoes but also helped me take in all the pretty flowers along the trail.
Sunday dinner with Jed’s family. Our kids enjoying cousin time and the grown ups being able to “talk that whole time,” as Ruth put it.













Comments